Match Analysis Recorder
The USTA is looking for qualified individuals male and female candidates to serve as Match Analysis recorders. Detailed Below is the position’s requirements. This position will be paid an hourly wage of $13.00.
- Currently enrolled or have graduated from college
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a strong knowledge of tennis and/or professional sport competition
- Have basic computer skills, comfortable with video recording and statistical analysis applications.
- The individual will have a laptop displaying video and statistical information from a number of courts that are being broadcast.
- At the conclusion of each broadcasted match they will ensure the laptop has recorded the match and they will proceed to embed the stats from that match.
- At the conclusion of this process, the Match Analysis Recorder will upload the file onto the player’s only web portal.
- The duration of the job will be variable as only broadcasted matches will be recorded and uploaded.
- The start times of each day are a fixed time but each individual will need to be flexible with the finish times as matches do not conclude at the same time each evening.
- The work schedule for each MA recorder will also vary due to the day and evening session schedule of the US Open.
All Match Analysis Recorders will be provided a US Open uniform top and $25 meal per diem.
All individuals selected to be Match Analysis Recorders will be required to meet with the lead SMT technician to be trained on the software program on Sunday, August 26th.
All individuals selected for this position must be available to work from Sunday, August 26th through Sunday, September 9. Be able to work the entire two and a half weeks of the 2018 US Open.
To teach in the tennis programs, to advocate and implement the Ten and Under format, to conduct private lessons, to be an effective liaison between the NTC and our customers, and to work within the organization during the US Open.
The United States Tennis Association (“USTA”) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis in the United States. Its mission is to promote the development of tennis as a means of healthful recreation, establish and maintain rules of play, and foster national and international amateur and professional tournaments. The USTA’s “crown jewel” is the United States Open Tennis Championships (“US Open”), which it owns, and operates at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center (“NTC”) in Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, New York. This facility welcomes over 700,000 visitors annually for the US Open. The atmosphere is electric during the tennis tournament and the facility affords visitors a high quality, state-of-the-art, helpful atmosphere for families, seniors, young adults and international guests. Our continuous growth and expanding market has challenged us to raise the bar in every facet of our organization. To help continue our success, we are focused on strengthening our core and greatest asset: Our employees.
- Collaborate with Sr. Business Manager in the organization and sales of tennis programs court time and
events providing service to tennis playing community.
- Coordinate, train, and oversee the Front Reception Desk/Guest Service reception area.
- Provide supervision and direction as to the functions of the Front Reception Desk and the Programs
Department as assigned by the Sr. Business Manager.
- Manage Tennis Source court booking system.
- Facilitate and monitor Inventory and sales of Retail items.